Goods to Person Automation
A goods-to-person (GTP) system is an automated order fulfillment system used in warehouses or distribution centers to optimize the picking and storage process of goods. GTP systems utilizes a combination of automated storage and retrieval as well as robotics.
Unlike the traditional picking method, where the worker goes to the shelves and picks the items manually, the GTP system brings the items to the worker, making the process more efficient and less time-consuming.
Once the worker has completed the pick from the tote, the GTP system automatically returns the tote back to its storage location.
A GTP system offers increased efficiency, accuracy, and safety for your facility.
Benefits of Goods-to-Person Systems
As part of the IntraOne Platform, our goods-to-person solutions are supported by simulation testing, data analysis, system integration, full stack software, and client support.
Geek+ P-Series robots are often used in goods-to-person applications where the robots move the inventory shelves and pallets to the picking station.
HAI Robotics is an autonomous case-handling robot (ACR) system which is a highly efficient type of G2P solution. Each robot can retrieve and store multiple cases on its backside.
See robotics in action!
Goods-to-Person (G2P) technology is an order fulfillment technology that uses automation to bring inventory and order lines to a static picker at a station. As this is a very broad category, you can separate it into 3 different applications of G2P technology:
- Typically uses racking system to assist automation in moving in an X, Y, or Z axis
- Picks a single tote from the rack and brings it to a pick station
- Provides high storage density
- High throughput
- Utilizes AMRs or AGVs to move shelving/racking subassemblies to a pick station
- Picker picks directly from shelf
- Works in wide range of environments
- Lower storage density
- Utilizes an AGV with a vertical mast to remove totes/cartons from fixed racking/shelving
- Takes tote/carton to pick station
- Mid-level storage density (less than high-cube, but more than shelf-level)
Want to see whether a goods-to-person solution would work for your application?
Featured Case Study: Ariat | Exotec Skyod System
The existing facility was set up to process retail store fulfillment with large order profiles. However, COVID-19 accelerated eCommerce growth, increasing the need to change the fulfillment processes. The Exotec G2P system was the ideal solution as it supports order fulfillment for multiple order profiles.
Stay up-to-date with industry and product updates by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.