The primary responsibility of the forklift technician position is to provide maintenance service on lift trucks and various material handling equipment at customer locations. The main objective is to trouble shoot, repair and maintain units at our customer locations. Other responsibilities will require communication with service support staff to determine the next steps for completing repairs.
Qualifications: This position requires a High School Diploma or a vocational education in automotive or heavy equipment maintenance, or equivalent experience. Should have at least 6 months experience servicing forklifts.
- Travel 80% of the time or more within a 50-mile radius from technician’s home
- Change oil on vehicles; preventative maintenance on all equipment; assess and repair damages and mechanical problems on lift trucks
- Provide lift truck maintenance services at customer locations
- Communicate with customers about needed repairs and provide information to them about any further maintenance needs
- Accurately complete paperwork such as work orders, time cards or support information and turn in on a timely basis each week
- Maintain personal workspace, follow safety and cleanliness requirements as outlined by our company policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Full-Time positions are available for 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift.
Work Demands and Physical Requirements:
- Attention to detail and alertness working in a safe manner
- Must have the ability to continuously lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, squat, and kneel in order to work on equipment.
- Must be able to operate forklifts
- Will frequently be exposed to moderate to loud noise levels; must have the ability to hear normal sounds with continuous background noise
- May occasionally work in wet or colder environments
- A steady balance of hand, eye and foot coordination
- Works frequently around exhaust fumes, gas, diesel, solvents and paints
- Competitive Total Compensation
- Health, Vision, Dental and Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Free Training
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays