3 Keys to Success at Hy-Tek
- HUNTERS ONLY (with proven track record in cap-ex sales)
- SELF SUFFICIENT (supported by in-house engineering and project management)
- UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS! (you own the keys to your success)
Medical, 401K, Life, Dental, Vision
Base Salary + Commission; Salary commensurate with experience + uncapped commission
Identify opportunities and aggressively develop new business. Contact existing or potential customers to promote sales of material handling equipment and systems. Manage all sales development for wide variety of products within the assigned territory / customer base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new customer relationships by identifying business needs and growth plans, educating key decision makers, and recommending integrated solutions to achieve business goals.
- Manage and grow relationships with current customers. Regularly visit customer sites to understand customers operations; identify opportunities where the company can add value; introduce products, services, and solutions.
- Work on multiple opportunities simultaneously. Collect data that accurately represents customer requirements and develop concepts that range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- Develop and present proposals that include technical and functional descriptions.
- Maintain accurate account development records and keep sales management informed of the status of each open project or recent sales proposal.
- Maintain communication about customer proposals with engineering staff.
- Experience in industrial capital equipment sales, selling six to seven figure solutions to Executives and Committees
- Strong interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times.
- Provide effective oral and written communications to customers, company management and co-workers.
- Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
- Strong skills in: prospecting, active listening, questioning, uncovering problems or client objectives, uncovering budget, understanding the prospect’s decision making process, proposal development and presentation, account retention, verbal-telephone and written communication.
- Ability to read and understand building drawing, technical layouts and equipment specifications. Proficiency with ACAD is a plus.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum 2 year technical degree with experience or preferred-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, Business or related degree/experience.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in a technical or industrial sales role. Material handling systems experience and/or distribution operations experience would be a plus.
- Must be PC literate in Microsoft Office and possess a thorough knowledge of general business procedures.
ONLY APPLY IF:
- You are a proven hunter; confident and comfortable making new contacts
- You are self-disciplined and able to work independently
- You consider training and professional development an ongoing process
- You are persistent and work with a positive attitude through set backs
About Hy-Tek Material Handling, Inc.:
Hy-Tek is a premier single-source provider of material handling solutions for an extensive range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, retail, pharmaceutical, food, electronics, and automotive. The Integrated Systems Division and its best-in-class industry partners—including manufacturers of a variety of equipment including automated storage and retrieval systems, racks, shelving, flexible automation cells, AGC’s, AMR’s, mezzanines and conveyor systems—have been providing customers large and small with turnkey solutions.
From customized one-of-a-kind handling and storage systems to pre-assembled buildings and off-the-shelf products—Hy-Tek’s experienced team of engineering, sales, operations, logistics, and project management professionals partner with customers to help enhance productivity, streamline processes, and boost profitability.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Hy-Tek Material Handling serves customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico from offices in Atlanta, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dayton, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.
|Job Category||Engineering, Sales|