- Hy-Tek is hiring a Mechanical Installation Field Supervisor. This person is responsible for overseeing other mechanical installers in the field. The location of this role can be based anywhere throughout North America, with the capability to travel to customer sites.
- Directly responsible for leading and managing crews that consist of lead persons/crew leaders, journeymen, apprentices, and/or helpers. Leading approximately 12-15 individuals and contractors.
- Lay out project work and ensure that materials, tools, equipment, etc. are scheduled in a timely manner to meet scope, budget and project construction schedules.
- Accountable for the on-site supervision of assigned electrical installers in such a way as to ensure scheduled completion of projects within established budget, time frame, quality and performance standards.
- Responsible for reviewing project documents, plans and specifications, directing installation activities, resolving construction difficulties, coordinating field installations, project close-outs, and developing and/or maintaining customer/client relationships.
- All responsibilities to be accomplished within standard operating procedures, project costs, time constraints, and quality standards.
- OSHA training or certificate preferred
- MS word and excel experience required
- Performs annual performance evaluations of assigned personnel as directed.
- Has Journeyman’s license where required.
- Accountable for leadership, management and supervision of project.
- Responsible for safe installations, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of mechanical systems, associated materials, and equipment within the material handling industry.
- Assist with routine equipment trial runs to ensure that it meets specifications and ensure equipment is installed to our standards.
- Provide additional assistance with training of subcontractors in the installation of MHE equipment
- At least five years experience in troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment. Working experience with material handling equipment preferred, but not required.
- Service experience with AGVS, AS/RS, or conveyors is highly prized
- Must be able to act calmly in stressful situations
- Must be able to write concise, clear, and complete trip reports in the time frame required according to Hy-Tek procedures.
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers, data base functions and communications.
- Understanding personal computer hardware setup and software configuration required.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Must be willing to travel on short notice and spend up to 100% of the time traveling. Hy-Tek offers opportunity to go home monthly or more.
- Must be willing to be on call and travel accordingly.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and off-shifts, with overtime compensation
|Job Category||Manufacturing & Installation|